Support & FAQ
How can I give feedback or report bugs?
The best place for this is over on our QA site. https://questions.satisfactorygame.com
Where are save files located?
You can find your save files at %LOCALAPPDATA%\FactoryGame\Saved\SaveGames It’s a good practice to back them up regularly (especially if you are using cloud saves) by copying them to another location.
Where are screenshots located?
You can find screenshots at %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\FactoryGame\Screenshots
When did Satisfactory Release?
Satisfactory Early Access released March 19th, 2019 on Epic Games Store and June 8th, 2020 on Steam.
What's the difference between Early Access and Experimental version of the game?
The Experimental branch is used to test new features of the game before it is released to the Early Access branch. Always backup your save files when switching between versions.
How do I get the Experimental or Early Access branch of the game?
On Steam, right click the game, select properties, select the betas tab and opt into Experimental in the dropdown list.
In the Epic Games Launcher they should be available as separate games. If either is not there, try restarting the launcher.
When is Satisfactory supposed to come out of Early Access?
We hope to work on this game for years to come and make something truly special. We are not entirely sure what would qualify as a 1.0 version of Satisfactory, but the game will be in Early Access for a couple of years.
Where is Satisfactory available?
Epic Games Store, Steam, and Humble Bundle.
Will Satisfactory be available on consoles or Linux/Mac?
There are currently no plans for any release on console or Linux/Mac. We might do it sometime in the future though, we’ll see.
Can I play with people from EPIC on the Steam version or vice-versa? (cross-play)
Yes! Either by using session IDs or by linking your EPIC account so that your EPIC friends shows up in your friends list.
Can I get a free copy on Steam if I own it on EPIC?
Will my save files work in either version?
Do I need to have an Epic Games Account to play the game Online?
Is Dedicated Servers Support available?
Yes! There is currently an Experimental release of Dedicated Servers.
Where can I learn more about Dedicated Servers?
Check the wiki! It’s updated and maintained by our community and have a ton of information on how to set up dedicated servers https://satisfactory.fandom.com/wiki/Dedicated_servers
A new character appeared in my game and my inventory is empty
This is most likely because you’re not logged in on your current session. Each player character is tied to your online player ID and when playing offline or when being disconnected from the Online Session Service the game will see that as a new player joined the session. We’ll probably change how this works in the future but for now, it is what it is.
You can resolve this by either restarting your game and making sure you’re connected/logged in when playing or by finding your previous character in the game and retrieve the inventory by killing the idle player character. O.o
My Game is crashing or I'm experiencing weird behavior with the game
Try verifying your game files.
You can do this on Steam by Right Clicking the game in your Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files...
And on Epic by clicking on the three dots (“...”) next to the title or at the right side, depending on your selected library view > Verify
I want to unlink my account from EOS! How do I do that?
In the Main Menu go to Options > Online > Reset Account Linking
You will be prompted to unlink your EGS and/or Steam account. Doing this will give you the option to relink your accounts if you so choose.
I’m getting a Multiplayer incompatible account error - how do I resolve this?
Usually this is resolved by re-registering your EOS connection/Epic account. See “I want to unlink my account from EOS! How do I do that?” for instructions on how to do this.
I’m getting disconnected from sessions (TIMED OUT)
These kinds of issues can be difficult to diagnose as there can be any number of factors that might cause this (both related and unrelated to the game).
There are a few things you can check/try:
· Change host: what happens if you change who is hosting the game? What happens if you try and host the game?
· Change Network Quality: Have everybody try and set their network quality to "Ultra" (in the options menu) and restart the game and try again.
· Does this issue occur only on a specific save? What happens if you try a fresh save file?
· Firewall & Anti-virus: Make sure Satisfactory is allowed/marked as safe in your firewall and anti-virus programs
· Check your ports: Typically, people don't have to manually do this stuff, but it might be worth it to check that the required ports are open. Satisfactory uses the following ports:
Protocol TCP: 5222, 6666
Protocol UDP: 5222, 6666, 7777-7827
My NAT type is displayed as TBD or Strict – how can I fix this?
There are several possible causes and solutions for problems with NAT. The underlying problem is that your router, firewall, anti-virus software, etc. is having problems routing connectivity for the game. You can try one of the following possible solutions:
· Reset your firewall.
· Port forward the game for your router.
See https://portforward.com/satisfactory/ for more information.
· Add the game executable (in <game install directory>\FactoryGame\Binaries\Win64) to your firewall/anti-virus/windows defender.
· If you are using a pfSense firewall/router you need to change your NAT type to Hybrid or Manual and add an outbound mapping for your computer's IP. This will fix the strict NAT issue by itself, no port forwarding or anything else needed.
The game uses some mitigation strategies to circumvent this issue using STUN/TURN servers. In some cases, the game’s DNS requests for these services may fail for various reasons, there is however a possible workaround:
· Open a command shell and run nslookup turn.rtcp.on.epicgames.com to get the list of IP addresses for the EOS TURN server.
· Open Notepad as Administrator
· Open your hosts file (%windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) make sure to backup this file before making changes to it
· Add two lines with any two IP addresses you got in step 1:
<ip address 1> stun-1-nat.ol.epicgames.com
<ip address 2> stun-2-nat.ol.epicgames.com
· Save the file and start the game and see if NAT turned into Moderate
I’m getting a crash related to DirectX/D3D11/D3D12/Vulkan
This issue is either related to your Graphics Card or GPU drivers. Please make sure that your hardware supports the minimum requirements of the game. Here are a few things to try:
· Verify your Game Files
· Update your Graphics Drivers
· Try switching Rendering API the in-game Video settings menu. If you’re unable to boot the game you can try and force different rendering API’s via launch commands. The following launch commands are available:
For more information on how to add launch commands in the Steam/Epic launcher see this page https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Glossary:Command_line_arguments
When I start the game I get an error saying: “ImgMedia failed to load”
This error is most likely due to the game not being installed properly. Try verifying game files. If this does not help you can try and manually install “UE4 Prerequisites x64” by the following steps:
· Browse to where the game is installed
· In the main installation folder of Satisfactory, go to Engine > Extras > Redist > en-us
· Run the “UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe” file in the en-us folder
· Install it
I’m running into issues, and I have mods installed
In most cases, the most likely reason as to why most people are running into issues is due to any mods installed. Mods are maintained by our community so there’s nothing we can help with if there are any issues caused by mods.
If you have any mods installed and you are running into any issues, it’s always recommended to either update or disable mods first before trying anything else. Please note that even after uninstalling mods issues can still linger in the save file.